Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meet Bonnie Blue, my first rag doll!










Oh so inspired by Emily over at The Black Apple I have been working on a pattern for my very own rag doll! My daughter and I will be working on these for Valentines day to give to our favorite sweeties! (yes, it has crossed my mind that the boys will view them as their own personal voo doo dolls of sorts, but they have to love the LOVE that goes into it anyway, right?) Bonnie Blue was our first attempt. Yes, there will be a few modifications before we move on to creating the actual Valentine's dolls. Also, I am working on the pattern for the boy doll. The boys have emphatically declared that if they have to be a doll, the doll will need big strong muscles.


(By the by, if you were wondering about the name Bonnie Blue - it did not come from the obvious my name is Bonnie and she is wearing blue. I am still in love with all things Rhett Butler from the wonderful novel Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment