Monday, January 26, 2009

I am not a good organizer.



Ok, so I spend most of my life trying to figure out how in the world the house got into a mess again or dragging my art stuff from upstairs to downstairs or vice versa. So, after some thought, I have decided to try and make my house more art creation friendly by rearranging a bit. The main living area of my house has never been very condusive to supporting spontaneous art creation - too many children and the rooms are small! AND, my studio is upstairs away from everything - which is great sometimes. But, I am a MOM! I enjoy being in the thick of things with my family.


So, the first thing I have done is repurpose an old roll top desk - whose only function was storage. I moved it from the children's den to the family den and filled it with all of my drawing supplies. It has worked wonderfully well! I can work on concepts and still feel a part of the family! (and, yes, my daughter has moved her drawing supplies to the desk as well. I find it one of the sincerest forms of flattery!)


Next step - find a place to hide my painting supplies so I can paint and put away faster than a speedy four year old. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment